The Guiding Principles of the Southwest Michigan Sustainable Business Forum are to fulfill its mission as stewards in our community.
The SWMSBF and member organizations will endeavor to:
• Promote sustainability as business practices that encompass the environment, economy and social responsibility.
• Strive to surpass conformance to environmental regulations using compliance as the minimum standard.
• Follow the waste hierarchy of eliminate, reduce, reuse, recycle, compost, incinerate, and landfill.
• Develop awareness programs and practices, and implement technologies that safeguard and preserve the environment.
• Identify the environmental impacts of facilities and materials used in our products, processes and services in order to minimize environmental impact.
• Encourage environmental organizations, businesses and governmental agencies to cooperate on common issues.
• Create opportunities to expand the Forum's concept into a national network of sustainable business forums.